Hope Lutheran Church was organized in 1945. The congregation worshiped a small remodeled Oak Park Cheese Factory that was bought at an auction for $300. The building was moved from Highway 151 South. Today a house sits on the church foundation.
The new Hope Lutheran Church was completed in 1974. This church at the corner of Commerce & Spruce streets has an impressive steeple that stands 95 feet above the parking lot.
Memorial to Founding Members
Hope Celebrated 70 years
A Linden tree was recently planted as a memorial to founding members Parmley & Jean Harris.
Pictured is Ted Weier who faithly maintains the yard & grounds at Hope.
The Women of Hope Lutheran hosted a grand reception on October 27, 2013 celebrating and recognizing the 70th Anniversary of Hope Lutheran Church in Mineral Point. Several current as well as previous members were in attendance. Bishop Mary Froiland and her husband shared in our special day. The Dodgeville German Band played many polkas for our dancing delight. Janice Terrill shared many of her recollections of Hope from the "founding" days.